Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Tamaki Int. - Rakau Stick Games

In this lesson Mereana from Room Six with the help of Sharma, Ngatokorima, Sidenna and Anna May teach you how to play Rakau, or a simple Maori stick game. This is the beginner lesson so its going to get a lot harder, but master this first! Filmed at School by Victor, with help from Solomone on Tuesday 1st July 2008. In this example the students are using wooden sticks (baton sized) but this activity also works well with magazines that are rolled up and taped with masking tape.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great teaching of the Rakau Sticks
Mereana, Sharma, Ngatokorima, Sidenna and Anna May. I will show your video to my children after the school holidays. I have tried playing Rakau Stick games in the past and I have to admit that it is not as easy as it looks. I have to admit that I tend to drop them, rather than catch them.

Keep up the great work,

From Miss Paton
Glenbrae School Teacher